Starting Tuesday 23rd May, Thinking of God will be starting a weekly book club where we’ll be going over classic Christian books from the likes of Augustine, Calvin, Luther, Pink, and many others!
If you ever wanted to be delve into such books, this is a perfect time to do so, as you’ll be encouraged to read portions, reflect on what the author is saying, and share the reflections with others.
This year, being the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, we thought Martin Luther’s famous ‘Bondage of the Will’ would be appropriate! In this classic piece from the Reformation, Luther engages with the question of free will, and whether man is free to choose good or evil.
If you have a copy of the book laying around, the first post will cover the chapters ‘Preface by the Translator’, ‘Introduction’, and ‘Erasmus’ Preface Reviewed’.
However, if you don’t…. thanks to the graciousness of Hendrickson Publishers, we have FIVE copies of Luther’s ‘Bondage of the Will’ to give away.
To enter, simply answer below (or on Facebook!): What is your favourite Luther quote?
You can gain another entry, simply by publicly sharing this Facebook post!
Entries close on 12:00PM AEST 16/05/2017, with winners drawn and announced by 5:00PM on the same day.
Alternatively, you can purchase the title from The Wandering Bookseller here.
A few T&Cs:
- Giveaway is only open to Australian Residents.
- Members (not Contributors) of Thinking of God and their immediate families and households are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.”
- Winners will be contacted upon being announced. If winners cannot be contacted within three (3) business days after being selected as the winner, an alternate winner may be selected at Thinking of God’s discretion.
- Generally prizes will be distributed via Australia Post.
- Entrants can only win a maximum of one book.